Annual Admission Notices
- Annual Admission Notice [2021/22 School Year]
- Admissions Policy [Sep 2020]
- Enrolment Policy 
- Enrolment Policy and procedures for classes other than Junior Infants 
The Admissions Act 2018 takes effect from the school year 2020-21.
METNS will be accepting applications for places from Junior Infants to Sixth Class for the 2021/22 academic year as follows:
- Senior Infants to Sixth Class – children complete an application form which must be submitted in the appropriate time-frame, from the first Monday in September to a Sunday in September 23:59, twenty-one days after the first Monday in September.
- This application will be for the academic year 2021-22. Please see article 4.2 of the METNS Admission Policy for further details of criteria of how places will be offered.
- Junior Infants – under our Enrolment Policy, METNS applied a ‘first come, first served’ system. METNS will continue to offer places according to the pre-enrolment lists that were compiled under this Enrolment Policy. Until applications for entry to 2025/26 school year, METNS will offer places to Junior Infant children according to the following criteria:
- The children on the waiting lists (which have been established under our Enrolment Policy) in the order of criteria detailed in the Enrolment Policy (Article 4.6 of the Enrolment Policy)
- Children who apply under the Admission Policy, in the time-frame set out by the policy (from the 1st Monday in October to a Sunday at 23:59, 21 days after the first Monday in October).
Please note that the chances of being successful in this application process are very slight, as the waiting lists previously established until the entry year 2024/25 are substantial.
From the entry year 2025/26 the school will adhere to the METNS Admission Policy and no longer adhere to the Enrolment Policy.