30th January 2017 – Monkstown Educate Together School, Dún Laoghaire – Pictured at the ‘Daily Mile’ health initiative for school children. © Photo by Peter Cavanagh – Must Credit – No Reproduction Fee.
METNS are getting fit with the Daily Mile, we hope that our Daily Mile will improve the physical, emotional and social health and wellbeing of all children – regardless of age or personal circumstances.
“The Daily Mile” is successful because it is simple and free:
- It takes place over just 15 minutes, with children averaging a mile each day
- Children run outside in the fresh air – and the weather is a benefit, not a barrier
- There’s no set up, tidy up, or equipment required
- Children run in their regular clothes so no kit or changing time is needed
- It’s social, non-competitive and fun
- It’s fully inclusive, every child succeeds, whatever their circumstances, age or ability.
23 Primary Schools in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown to participate in “The Daily Mile” – http://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/news/press-releases/23-primary-schools-d%C3%BAn-laoghaire-rathdown-participate-%E2%80%9C-daily-mile%E2%80%9D