Who we are and what we do!
METNS is proud to boast a community where pupils, parents and staff collaborate and work together for the better of our children. A high level of parental involvement is a key feature of our school, which makes it a very special place for us all.
Did you know that every parent/guardian who has a child in the school is automatically on the Parents and Teachers Association (PTA)? The PTA Committee is a group of enthusiastic, energetic people who want to help make METNS the best it can be. Ideally, the committee is made up of approximately 10-15 parents/guardians and a staff representative, who meet up once a month and get involved in a wide range of activities in the school. This includes organising Grandparents Day, Monthly Coffee Mornings, The Winter Fair, ECAs, Workshops for Parents/Guardians and for Children, The Book Fair, Fundraising Events, Social Nights, Movie Night, Culture Night, METNS Big Picnic and much, much more as well as supporting the school in every way it can!
Parents/guardians are nominated at the annual METNS AGM. By this stage, each class has nominated a class representative at the start of the school year, who is the main point of contact with the P.T.A liaison. The PTA Chair liaises regularly with our principal and Chair of BOM to assist with various initiatives and help build general communication within the school community.
The PTA Committee is a great way to get involved in school activities and ultimately to support all of our children together. Membership is open to all parents and guardians at METNS. PTA are always looking for new members, if you are interested or would like to get involved even in a small way with any of the below, please email email@example.com
- creating school fun and culture days
- organising creative activities for children
- raising money to support purchase of school resources
- organising coffee mornings
- inputting to school policy (such as anti-bullying etc.)
- organising extra-curricular activities (ECAs) for the children
- supporting parents/guardians in the school
- inviting speakers to address parents/guardians on topical issues
- other community building ideas that all contribute to the METNS community.
- Nicola Clarke Chairperson
- Sarah Allen Secretary
- Joanna Duffy ECA Liaison
- Colm Waters Treasurer
- Heather Doherty & Sarah Jackson Staff Liaison
- Natasha Kearns BOM Liaison
- Louise Dalton Class Rep Liaison
- Caitriona Barrett, Jane Hunt, Anna Visser, Simona Ferretti, Louise D’Alton, Joan Mallon, Nettan Carlsson
The PTA are considering the purchase of school hoodies and would like to establish interest in this . Please fill...
The METNS Community Annual Sponsored Walk will be in aid of a PTA shed for the school.
Save the date! New to METNS this year is the METNS Big Picnic, a craicing day out for all the...
Wow how the year has flown! Haven’t had your class night out or are in need of another one?...
The METNS Community Book Fair was once again a huge success with €4,1200 raised! This means that the school...
Feedback received on our METNS Annual Winter Fair has been fantastic! It goes without saying that the success of the...